During the 2015 #WDDkm campaign, we’re sharing quick video tips on racing with diabetes from Team Novo Nordisk athletes and staff.
Check back for new tips to be posted until November 14, 2015!
1.) What items do Team Novo Nordisk athletes bring on a training ride? RACING WITH DIABETES TIP: What items do Team Novo Nordisk athletes bring on a training ride?
2.) What’s an optimum blood glucose target for a race?
3) How often do you check blood glucose during a race?
4) What variables affect blood glucose during exercise?
5) What do you do if your blood sugar is above or below target?
6) Do you stop to make adjustments to your diabetes management during a race?
7) Is hydration more important for athletes with diabetes?
8) How do you recover after a race?
See more tips for training and racing with diabetes here.