Megias Remains in the Top 20 After Tour of California Time Trial
21 May 2016
Race: Tour of California, Stage 6
Start/Finish: Folsom/Folsom, California, USA
Distance: 12.6 miles, 20.3 kilometers
Folsom, California — Team Novo Nordisk’s Javier Megias dropped two positions to 16th overall after the Tour of California Stage 6 race against the clock.
Friday’s individual time trial took place in historic Folsom with a 12.6-mile out-and-back course. Despite threatening skies and steady winds, the roads remained dry for the entire race. Rohan Dennis (BMC Racing Team) laid down the fastest time in 24:16. Megias was Team Novo Nordisk’s fastest rider, finishing 2:25 behind Dennis. Julian Alaphilippe (Etixx-Quick Step) remains the overall race leader with Megias 3:19 behind.
“Today was the first time I’ve worn the Catlike Rapid helmet,” Team Novo Nordisk’s David Lozano said. “They are very aero, which is always great, but they are also comfortable and really limit noise. While I know it’ll keep me safe, I hope I never need it.”
Team Novo Nordisk continues racing at the Amgen Tour of California on Saturday with the penultimate stage. Stage 7 is a 109.1-mile (175.5-kilometer) loop around Santa Rosa in California wine country. It features six categorized climbs and two intermediate sprints.
- 1st: Rohan Dennis (BMC Racing Team): 24:16
- 2nd: Andrew Talansky (Cannondale Pro Cycling): 0:17 behind Dennis
- 3rd: Taylor Phinney (BMC Racing Team): 0:20 behind Dennis
Team Novo Nordisk Results:
- Javier Megias: 46th: 2:25 behind Dennis
- Joonas Henttala: 74th: 3:08 behind Dennis
- Charles Planet: 76th: 3:10 behind Dennis
- Chris Williams: 102nd: 3:50 behind Dennis
- Martijn Verschoor: 105th: 3:52 behind Dennis
- David Lozano: 106th: 3:54 behind Dennis
- Andrea Peron: 112nd: 4:06 behind Dennis