TNN Debuts Colnago K-zero’s at Volta ao Algarve
19 February 2016
Race: Volta ao Algarve em Bicicleta, Stage 3 (ITT)
Start/Finish: Sagres / Sagres
Distance: 18 kilometers
Team Novo Nordisk debuted their new Colnago K-zero time trial bikes at Friday’s Volta ao Algarve Individual Time Trial.
The 18-kilometer stage featured several turns over cobbled streets on a very windy and technical 5km course. Fabian Cancellara (Trek-Segafredo) took the win when he finished five seconds faster than Tony Martin (Etixx – Quick-Step). Team Novo Nordisk’s best-placed rider was Spanish rider Javier Megias who finished 2:47 behind Valverde.
“Our guys are very happy with the new TT bikes from Colnago,” Team Novo Nordisk Senior Vice President of Athletics, Vassili Davidenko, said, “and they’re looking forward to improving their individual time trial skills in the months ahead.”
- 1st: Fabian Cancellara (Trek-Segafredo), 20:57
- 2nd: Tony Martin (Etixx – Quick-Step), 00:05 behind Cancellara
- 3rd: Geraint Thomas (GBr) Team Sky, 00:29 behind Cancellara
Team Novo Nordisk Results:
- 100th: Javier Megias, 2:47 behind Cancellara
- 105th: Charles Planet, 2:52 behind Cancellara
- 113th: David Lozano, 2:58 behind Cancellara
- 140th: Martijn Verschoor, 3:29 behind Cancellara
- 141st: Stephen Clancy, 3:30 behind Cancellara
- 148th: Andrea Peron, 3:44 behind Cancellara
- 149th: Joonas Henttala, 3:45 behind Cancellara
The world’s first all-diabetes professional cycling team continues racing on Saturday at stage 3 of Le Tour de Filipinas, a 185-km race from Daet to Legazpi City.